Higher education encouragement amount
Higher Education Encouragement Scheme for PwDs
Objectives of the Scheme :
- Due to economic deficiency and disability, meritorious disabled children are deprived of getting higher education. Incentive amount is provided to highest marks receiving students with Disabilities (SwDs) in the High school / higher secondary schools; and also provision of a lump sum amount for higher education SwDs has been kept.
Eligibility of the Beneficiaries:
- Residents of the Chhattisgarh
- Persons with disabilities (PwDs) of 40% or above disability
- The disabled persons scored the highest marks in district in high school/higher secondary examination; or
- Regular students in ITI / Polytechnic / Graduation and Postgraduate (Arts, Commerce and Science) ; or
- Regular students studying graduate and post graduate in medical / technical / vocational education.
Benefits under the scheme :-
- Rs.2000 / - lump sum amount to the disabled student scoring highest marks in the secondary examination (tenth) in the district in disabled category.
- Rs.5000 / - lump sum amount to the disabled student scoring highest marks in the Higher secondary examination (twelfth) in the district in disabled category.
- Rs 6000 / - per year incentive money for students who study at ITI / Polytechnic / Bachelor and Postgraduate (Arts, Commerce and Science).
- Incentive amount of Rs.12000 / - per year for students of graduate and postgraduate in medical / technical / vocational education.
- Applicants apply in the prescribed format along with medical certificate, income certificate, caste certificate to Joint Director / Deputy Director District Office, Social Welfare Department. No need to apply for merit student of class 10th and 12th .