Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
Objectives of Scheme:
- To assure a respectful life, financial assistance are provided to the BPL aged persons.
Eligibility of the Beneficiaries:
- Aged persons of 60 years and above.
Benefits Under the Scheme:
- age group 60 to 79 year - Rs. 350 per month (Central contribution - Rs. 200, State contribution - Rs. 150)
- age group 80 years or above - Rs. 650 per month (Central contribution - Rs. 500, State contribution - Rs. 150)
- The urban bodies / village panchayats will forward the application to the respective ULBs/Janpad panchayats with their recommendation. The respective urban bodies / Janpad panchayats have the right to accept / reject the same.