Responsibilities of the Social Welfare Department
The responsibility of the Social Welfare Department is to provide social security to the person and to benefit such sections of society which are in trouble due to physical, mental, social, economic or any other reason. Social Welfare Department is implementing various schemes and programmes for the welfare of persons such as senior citizens, disabled persons, widows and deserted women, juvenile in conflict with law and child expecting sitting support. Various Acts are effective under the department for fullfilment of the responsibilities. Department is providing the below said services to the last person of the society in order to achieve their expectations, with the help of available limited resources-
- Supporting senior citizens for providing them a respectfull life and arrangement of pilgrimages for them.
- Assistance in rightfull development and empowerment of widows / deserted women.
- Providing financial assistance to BPL families on death of their primary bread winner.
- Rehabilitation services to PwDs, in accordance to their need, capacity and family perspectives.
- Social security and rehabilitation arrangements for children seeking supervision and juvenile in conflict with law.
- Institutional services to elderly / senior citizens.
- Running schemes for overall rehabilitation of third gender persons.
- Creating Positive Environment for De Addiction.
- Promoting schemes of the government through local art and culture.