Student housing scheme
Student Housing Rent Scheme for Students with Disabilities
Objectives of the Scheme :
- There is a provision to provide free housing facilities to a group of 5 disabled students, to motivate them for higher education, by providing accommodations to them. The accommodations are done at a rental building. Under the scheme, the group of disabled students of the state will be able to avail the benefit in the other states of the country also.
Eligibility of the Beneficiaries:
- Persons with disabilities of 40% or above disability.
- Applicant must be a resident of Chhattisgarh.
- Have passed Higher Secondary examination.
- Entered as a regular student in College / Polytechnic / ITI (Students failing in academic session will not be eligible.)
- Distance of the applicant's original residence be more than 20 K.M. from the educational institution.
Benefits under the Scheme :-
- Free set of accommodation for group of 05 children in the fixed rate of rent at the rate prescribed by the Rent Control Authority. The maximum monthly rent amount of building is determined for the category, including electricity bill and other expenditure -
- For City of A Category 10,000/- will be payable
- For City of B Category 7,000/- will be payable
- For City of C Category 5,000/- will be payable
Application Procedure :-
- Regular students of College / Polytechnic / ITI, can create a group of 5 and apply on plain paper with full bio-data to the Joint / deputy director Social Welfare District Office.
- With the application, the certificate related to him/her studying regular course must be attached separately (of all 05 students).
- Its mandatory for students to submit their resident certificate and Disability Certificate issued by medical board.
- Distance of the applicant's original residence from the educational institution is more than 20 kilometers related certificate issued by respective Sarpanch or Panch / Council of Municipal Corporation / Municipality / Municipality / Nagar Panchayat.